BIKE REPAIRS AND SERVICING
We want you to enjoy riding your bike and maintenance is key to this – making sure it goes when you want to go and stops when you need it to. We offer full repair and service facilities to keep you and your bike rolling safely. Our mechanics are Park Tools, ProTech and/or Cytech qualified, and we can work on most makes of bike.
Any bike bought new from us is eligible for a first free service six weeks to twelve weeks from purchase.
We offer differing levels of service. The best one for you will depend on how often you use your bike and the care and ongoing maintenance you give it. For example, if you use your bike twice a year and store it in a warm dry place then an MOT may suit you, but if you’re riding 5000 miles a year in all weathers then a Full Service would be a better choice, perhaps even every six months, with an Ultimate Service when you feel your bike needs it.
Regular servicing may seem expensive, but it can help to save money in the long-term. For example, swapping out a worn chain can greatly increase the life of your chainrings and cogs. Likewise, replacing worn pads on disc brakes reduces the risk of damaging the brake caliper and keeps the whole system working more efficiently.
Because we have limited workshop and storage space in our shops we ask that you give us a call to book your bike in. Typically, we should be able to give you an appointment a week hence though at busy times this may extend to a fortnight. If you need your bike for an important event then it is worth planning ahead. Please contact us on 01323 368457 and we’ll get you booked in.
‘THE MOT’ £35
Recommended for new bikes bought online or from non-cycling specific retailers, or for old bikes new to you.
This is a thorough safety inspection of your bike to assess wear and check that all bolts are tightened correctly. It includes:
- Full safety check of all components
- Chain, hubs, headset and bottom bracket checked for wear and smooth-running
- Brake check and adjustment
- Gear check and alignment
- Tyre pressure and wear checked
FULL SERVICE £60
Recommended every 6 – 12 months, assuming moderate use.
As Level 1 but also includes:
- Stripping, cleaning and lubricating the drivetrain, chain and gear assemblies
- Labour to replace common worn parts such as cables, pads and tyres
ULTIMATE SERVICE £210
A complete strip down of your bike to its bare frame, with every part that can be serviced being serviced. Absolutely everything.
- Stripping, checking, adjusting and re-greasing hubs, headset and bottom bracket, suspension, brakes – in fact everything.
- Cleaning cables and changing if needed
- Deep clean of whole bike
- If needed we’ll send forks for servicing which is an extra cost
Hydraulic brakes service £25 each, £40 pair (includes fluid) + parts extra if needed
- Complete brake bleed
- Pad inspection
- Hose inspection
- Inspect and adjust caliper alignment and function
- Basic tube change – £10 plus cost of tube
- Gear check (‘indexing’) for a normal bike – £10, plus cost of cable (£4) if needed
- Cleaning drive train prior to servicing – £20
With every service parts aren’t included. If we recommend extra work, we’ll contact you.
Minor parts we’ll add to your bill; anything larger we’ll check with you.
|Bike Build/PDI, From Box (Bike Purchased Elsewhere)||£60.00|
|Bottom Bracket Replacement/service||£25.00|
|eBike Software Update/Diagnosis||£25.00|
|Fit Tubeless Tyre (including sealant)||£25.00|
|Hydraulic Brake Bleed (including fluid) Pair||£40.00|
|Inner Tube Replacement (From)||£10.00|
|Lower Leg Fork Service||£40.00|
|Wheel True (From)||£15.00|
Whenever you bring a bike in for repair or servicing we will:
- charge our workshop time at an industry standard rate of £60/hour – but don’t be put off; most jobs don’t take long and we will call you if there’s a problem or we think it’ll take longer than estimated.
- assess the bike and give you a brief verbal estimate
- agree with you what would be acceptable to you for us to do without your further permission
- call you if anything further is needed or unforeseen issues are found, so you have the option to proceed or cancel.
We don’t round up time or charge for unnecessary work or parts; we just ask for the time spent.