Cycleshack Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. Any information collected by us is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This web site provides information to clients, potential clients and potential employees about the company and the professional services that we offer.
Personal information from users of this web site is only gathered when you complete a form and submit its content to us. Voluntary submissions may consist of requests for further information relating to the company and or the services that we offer.
The personal information that we collect will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
This website takes reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. If you submit any sensitive information via the website, your personally identifiable information is reasonably protected.
Our website contains links to third party websites which may or may not be owned or operated by us. Cycleshack Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of third party web sites accessed via this site.
Cycleshack Ltd monitors this site’s access log information, included within that is the IP address from which you are connecting. Cycleshack Ltd will not share this information with any third party companies.
Data Protection Notice
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by us and by using this website generally you agree to this use.
1. When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by e-mail, mail or otherwise) about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
4. If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from us, please contact us.
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes set out above:
- To employees and agents of Cycleshack Ltd to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you.
- Agents who profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
We may also disclose your information:
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the website you visited prior to our site.
7. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called “cookies”, which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from our website.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
8. We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
9. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
10. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
11. Please note that any products and services are supplied subject to our standard terms and conditions.
Our Website Cookies Policy
A cookie is a small file of text which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser, as with most websites, when you visit our website and use certain pages or features on the site, especially when placing an order. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. This information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
– recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
– measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
– analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with govt services so we can make them better
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using Cycleshack :
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First party cookies
We will endeavour to let you know before we store a cookie on your computer.
Our Own PERSISTANT cookies
|_Session||This cookie speeds up your experience on our website if you visit us more than once by remembering key information if you have set your browser to allow it. For example your username when logging in, or your preferences when browsing our website.||It is an anonymous customer ID cookie, so we do not save any specific data about you at all, just a unique _Session reference number|
Cookies set by Cycleshack website
|These only last for the session (visit) to our website, and help with your movement through the website, and also let us know if you have visited from a ‘Referer’ i.e. another website where we may have a link, or an article about us.||Expires on exit|
Third party cookies
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. Cycleshack do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
You can use the settings of your browser to block, or delete cookies as you wish. Do please note that blocking cookies may slow down your experience on our website, or cause issues with placing an order, as cookies are often required to help with a smooth checkout process!